Hokkien Style Fried Minced Pork Meat Balls
Firstly, I am taking this opportunity to wish all my family, relatives, friends, colleagues and
everybody a very happy Chinese New Year! Wishing you good health, great joy and
happiness, abundance of wealth and longevity.
For this year's reunion dinner, all my sisters in law including myself planned to cook
two dishes from each family. Yeap! There were a lot of home cooked dishes on the table.
My mother in law has seven sons and two daughters. Gosh... imagine those food on the table.
I cooked this dish (Hokkien Style Minced Pork Meat Balls) and
This recipe is from my mother and I am very happy with the result. My husband also
said delicious when I did the trial run. Hope you will enjoy this dish with your
family and friends. Happy cooking!
316g Minced Pork (RM5.00)
58g Minced Fish Paste
58g Water Chestnuts (I used Chinese Turnip / Jicama) chopped finely
50g Carrot (chopped finely)
1tsp Sesame Oil
1tsp Chinese Five Spice Powder
1tsp Light Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Tapioca Flour
*the above seasonings are to taste
1) Combine well the ingredients and seasoning in a bowl until all stick together.
2) Once well combined, slap the meat against the bowl several times until sticky.
3) To make balls, take handful of the meat in the palm and squeeze it out
between your thumb and index finger into a meat round ball.
*Well, after squeezing a few balls, I opted using an ice-cream scoop (medium size)
which faster and less hassle.
4) With high fire, heat up the cooking oil and fried all those balls into batches with medium fire.
5) Absorb those oil with cooking paper towel.
6) Serve while it is warm.
It is more delicious and refreshing to eat when you wrap the ball with romaine vegetable.
This ideal was from my dear husband.
I am submitting this dish to
"Cook & Celebrate : Chinese New Year 2016" event