Baked Macaroni and Cheese

Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Yesterday was my son 23rd Birthday.
My husband organized a small beer party for him celebrating with
us together with friends from my husband and son.
They started around 6.00 pm until midnight.  My daughter and I
joined them around 8.00 pm because both of us does not like
alcohol.  Till midnight, they had 6 tower of beer....My Goodness! 
Well, all of them reached home safe and sound and lastly a good
get together with great company.  My daughter told me that maybe 
my husband organize this celebration because maybe daddy going to miss 
brother since brother will be flying to UK to read Law this September 2014
...I said "maybe".



Wishing my dear son A Happy 23rd Birthday!

The next day morning, I baked for my son
"Baked Macaroni and Cheese" because it is his favourite and
also my family.  Other named it "Mac and Cheese".
While eating, my son and daughter keep on giving 
me a good review over it.  I keep on smiling because that will
be the best present to him.  I still remember that both of them
has been eating this food since they are young whenever we
patronize Chili's Grill and Bar Restaurant.
Hope you will try it out....very easy to make and cheesy to eat.
This recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com
It yield for 1 person, do increase the ingredients if you are cooking
for more than 1 person.




 3 tbsp uncooked Macaroni Pasta (5 tbsp)
1 tbsp Butter / 1 tbsp Flour / 1/4 tsp Salt / 1 pinch Pepper 
1/8 tsp Onion Powder / 1/2 cup Milk
1/3 cup Cheddar Cheese / 1/8 tsp Ground Mustard
1 dash Worcesterhsire Sauce (omitted)
1 dash Hot Sauce (omitted)
1 teaspoon Bread Crumb (omitted)
1 tbsp shredded Cheddar Cheese (2 tbsp)
2 tbsp of Mozzarella Cheese

(Noted : My modification in red colour)

While posting this recipe, NOW I know and realize why there is so much sauce, 
because I pour in 1 cup of milk instead of 1/2 cup of milk.....aiyoh! 
I am old already.  No worry because my children still love it....hahaha



 Cook Macaroni with sated water until still firm to the bite around
8 minutes.  Drain well.



 Melt the Butter over medium fire.



 Stir in the Flour until smooth.



 Add in Salt, Pepper and Onion Powder and stir until well combined.



 Add in Milk and whisk until smooth.



 Add in 1/3 cup of Cheddar Cheese and Ground Mustard and whisk until
well combined.



 Lastly add in the cooked Macaroni Pasta.



 Stir until well combined and coated.



 Pour all into a baking dish.



 Sprinkle 1st layer with 1 tbsp of Cheddar Cheese and
2nd layer with all the Mozzarella Cheese.



 3rd layer will be the 1 tbsp of Cheddar Cheese.

Actually, I put more Cheddar and Mozzarella Cheese more
than the actual recipe.



 Bake in a preheated oven at 200 Degree Celsius about 15 minutes.



Yummy for the birthday boy and my daughter.
Today I am baking again for them to eat it tomorrow.
That's show how delicious it is!
Happy Weekend.




I am submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up event
with this month theme "Milk" organised by

and


I am submitting this post to Cook Your Books #12 hosted by


Comments

Zoe said…
Hi Amy,

Happy belated Birthday to your son!!!

He is going to UK for his studies... It must be hard seeing him going :p

Your husband and you are so thoughtful cooking and organizing this unforgettable party for him.

Zoe
Hi Amy,
Happy Birthday to your son! Wish him all the best for his studies.
Mac and cheese is a favourite with my kids too. Yours look really good! Thank you for sharing with CYB!

Popular Posts