Stir Fried Potato and Mushroom with Black Pepper

Stir Fried Potato and Mushroom
with Black Pepper
Today is the last day of Puasa Month (Fasting Month) for Muslims.
They will be celebrating Hari Raya tomorrow and my family
and I would like to take this opportunity to wish our Muslim friends
Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri!
During the Puasa Month, our company will close at 4.00 pm and
our lunch of 1 hour will be shortened to 30 minutes.  Since we are not fasting,
it is very difficult to look for food within 1/2 hour.
So, we take turns to bring home cooked food to the office.  
This dish was cooked by me on Wednesday night for Thursday's lunch.
Even though this dish is meatless, my colleagues gave me a thumbs up.
As usual, they remind me to list this dish in my blog ;)

I did not weigh these ingredients because I was a bit tired. 
I reached home at 8.00 pm and cooked this dish straight away.
By looking at these pictures, I believe you will be able
to estimate it.



1/2 hand full of Spring Onion.
Shimeji Mushroom.
6 Australia Chat Potatoes.
6 cloves of Garlic.



Potatoes - Cut into quarter.
Shimeji Mushroom - Cut the bottom.
Spring Onion - Cut the white part away and cut into 2 inches.
Garlic - Minced.



Potatoes - Cook in salted water, drain and keep aside.



Heat up 2 tablespoon of cooking oil.
Add in minced Garlic, 3 teaspoons coarse Black Pepper and
1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce.



Remember not to burn the Garlic.
Stir until the Garlic slightly brownish.



Add in the Potatoes and Shimeji Mushroom.



Stir for 2 minutes.



Add in 1 tablespoon of Butter and stir until melted.



Add in Spring Onion and stir until well combined.
Add more Black Pepper or salt, if necessary.



Switch off the fire once the sauce is thicken and dry up.



While blogging this, my daughter told me that she secretly steal
some to taste and said it was flavourful.
My colleagues finished off the whole plate.  So happy to know
that they have enjoyed my home cook food.




I am submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up event
with this month theme "Potato" organised by
Zoe, Bake for Happy Kids,
Doreen, My Little Favourite DIY and
hosted by Jasline, Foodie Baker.




I am submitting this post to Cook Your Books #14 hosted by

Comments

Hi Amy,
I like all the ingredients in this dish! Looks delicious, no wonder it was all gone!
Zoe said…
Hi Amy,

I like everything that you use to cook this dish. These are also my fav ingredients :D

Zoe

Popular Posts